Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Getting over the boredom of FOOD!

I was watching the food network as normal or I should say as usual. It's my moms doing, lol! Anyway, I've been so bored with the normal food selections that I decided to make a couple of the recipes from Sunny Anderson's show. She had an inexpensive meal, which did not turn out to be so cheap if you know what I mean. It was the need to get all the seasonings that aren't normally setting in a normal pantry, for instance, mustard seeds, pink peppercorn, hot paprika and smoked paprika.

Well, I went on with my bright idea even though it cost me a small fortune for the night. I could have went to Joe's Crab Shack or PF Changs but I stuck to my guns and did the damn thang! LOL!

Anyway the dishes I made are as follows:

  • Braised Red Cabbage and Turnips : this was a good dish especially coupled with the next recipe

  • Chunky Pear Chutney: this is sooo good. I'm not a huge fan of the spicy but I like when paired with the sweet! This dish is every bit of sweet and spicy. I love it with the cabbage. Sunny...bravo! :D My tummy thanks you.
  • Grilled Lamb Chops: I didn't do the Chicken Fried Pork chops only because I already had Lamb Chops that I wanted to sink my teeth into...so thus Lamb Chops! LOL These too were scrumpouslicious! The lemon with the thyme was so good and garlic is always a bonus! My hat off to Bobby too! MUAH!
Now only what am I to do with tonight's dinner. I think I'm going to gear it to the kid (my lovely 13 month old son), Savon! I will be introducing him soon!
I so wish I had of taken a picture of my wonderful meal. Oh well, next time!

No comments:

Copyright PinkIce Jewels 2003-2019